Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Photo of the Month-Marching Season

Marching Season


As for me,June is a very different month in the year.This is because this is the start of a season called "Marching Season".For those who were/is a band member you will understand what do I mean by "Marching Season".It`s the time when the different states in Malaysia held the inter-school marching band competition and the champion teams from respective states will represent their states to go for national level marching band competition.National Level marching band competition always held in August.

This photo was taken last year,during the Sarawak State Level Marching Band competition.The picture shown was the conductor from St.Joseph High School, Kuching.Their theme for the performance was "Football".I personally love their performance very very much but too bad they didn`t get Champion in nationals.This made me felt very disappointed for quite a sometime.Anyway,it`s now become past tense.We should always look forward,right?

Anyway,I choose this photo as the photo of the month is not only because of it`s the time to catch the competitions but also can represent 2010 FIFA World Cup.I have to admit that I started to concern about the things related to football is because of I watched SJSK`s show last year.I knew about Liverpool`s f.c team song from their show.Therefore,when the people from all around the world are now celebrating the arrival of World Cup I would also like to use my very own way to express my joyfulness about this event.That`s why I said,this June won`t be a bored one ^^

Before I end my article here I would also like to emphasize the spirit of marching show bands.If you are from Chung Hua Band you might think that the one I`m going to mention is the band`s slogan but I`m not going to talk about that =) In my opinion I think that the true spirit of marching show band is "Loud and Proud".I was first saw this slogan at the 2008 national levels marching band competition.I was very impressed about this slogan and I think that every band members should always remember this.When I was a band member we sacrificed our school time to practice for the competitions.Most of us didn`t get encouragements from our other schoolmates who were not band members.During that time,we had no choice but to practice at the basketball court which is located in the middle of 4blocks.Everyone blamed us.I could still remember that when I went back to my class,my classmates told me to ask my fellow band mates to shut up!(I was the ONLY band member in the class)

"Loud and Proud" remind us to do our best in every single performances.We loud,because we play good music and we will always be proud on what we have done!Don`t be afraid on any attacks from others.

"One Band One Sound,One Heart One Soul!"

No comments: