Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Terminal Tiga

I could still remember that when I was in Form 4 I studied a Malay novel called "Terminal Tiga" .The novel which was written by Othman Puteh was a compulsory reading material for our Malay Literature studies.I didn`t read the whole novel but only study about the plot,the synopsis,characters and other literature components so I knew the story line.

Terminal Tiga means "The Third Terminal".The main character was from the inland of Sabah.He left his hometown in order to further his studies in Kuala Lumpur.The Terminal Tiga refers to Kuala Lumpur Airport and also Kuala Lumpur where worked very hard in order to make his life better.

It left two days for me to go back to Kedah to continue my studies.Since there is no direct flight from Miri to Penang I have to stop at Kuala Lumpur and transit to Penang.I feel like my experience is more or less similar to the main character in Terminal Tiga.Both of us lest our hometown to further our studies but I`m more lucky because I`m from a good family.Unlike the main character whose father was run away when he was very young.

If I say Miri is the first "terminal" in my life and KL is my second terminal,then Penang and Kedah would be my third teminal.Penang International Airport is the place where I start my journey either back to my hometown or the starting point of my journey back to my university.This is the place where I have lots of feeling and I would definitely think a lot when I was in the airport,thinking about everything in uni,thinking about my parents and grandparents in my hometown...

So the 3months holidays have to mark a full stop here.I`m leaving very soon and probably will only come back next year,during the Chinese New Year.Though this is a non-productive holidays for me but I did learn and experience new things.I realized how important am I to my parents and my family.This is something that I never expect to see during this holidays.



Penang Intenational Airport.Taken during last January.

No comments: