Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

What is Biotech?

These are the questions that the elderly always ask me during the holidays.

"Girl,you a university student right?How great are you!Which year are you in?"
"Erm..Yes.Thanks.I just finished my first year?"

"Where are you studying?"
and my mom or my grandmother will reply "KL"

*HELLO!KL and Kedah are two different places!And FYI I spent more than 1year to correct them but I failed to correct my grandmother.*

so I will correct the information.

"No,not KL!I`m actually studying in Kedah."

"Which Uni?UUM?"

"I`m studying in a private university.It`s very new,called AIMST."
"Oh.Then what course are you studying?"

"Biotech." *proudly*

"Oh Biotech.But..what is actually Biotech?What is Biotech study about?How to say Biotech in Mandarin?"

I HATE this question most.So I will give the answer depends on my mood.
If my mood was good I would say,"Biotech in Mandarin is 生物科技,is the combination of Biology and technology.We study about Gene,Microorganisms and many more!"

If my mood was not that good or I was lazy to say much I would say "Erm,sorry I don`t know how to say in Mandarin."

After that my grandmother will say Biotech is 农业科技(Agriculture),化学(Chemistry)...bla bla..

Ish.Biotech is a too new thing to them.Even I tell then Biotech in Mandarin is 生物科技 they also won`t understand what is that.That why I`m sick of answering them this sort of question.

Oh I forgot.Sometimes some of the relatives will ask "Do you have a boyfriend?" and this would be the most annoying one.

No comments: