Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Christian and Music

Sometimes I`ll hear from some of my non-Christian friends saying that Christian are good singers.Perhaps this is because of we sing the hymns every week, singing is one of the ways to praise the Lord!As a Christian I don`t really aware of this because for me this is just a normal thing that we`ll do in Sunday service or church gatherings.I don`t really take note about others` voice when we sing .I don`t think I`m really a good singer,but singing those hymns is one of the things that I`d love to do.Talking about Christian music,there are so many famous bands that sing gospel songs out there.In Australia we have Hill Song United, in US we have Tim be Told,in Taiwan we have Stream of praise,Heavenly music and even in Indonesia,they have quite a number of gospel songs produced.Their music are always used by the churches all around the world as singing these songs does not require a better music standard like singing hymns. Hymns are from classical music pieces and sometimes required a little foundation in music theory.


Christians are not born to be a good singers or have special talent in music but we always produce very quality music.All these are come from the Lord.People who praise the Lord from the bottom of their heart are always blessed with talent to sing,to dance,to play musical instruments for the Father in Heaven. It`s true that practice makes perfect,but what I realized is, when I sing at the church and I sincerely want to praise him,I can feel that I sing better as compare to the pop songs. One thing to be remind is the gospel songs or the hymns are not easier than the contemporary songs and can even be more difficult. But what I believe is,as long as you wish to use your voice to praise Him,then he will give you the talent to serve him,just like the angles in the heaven.


We have the talent in music and music is a very effective and useful channel to tell other people about gospel.I`m blessed to know Him since very young age.I listened gospel music since I was very young,thanks to my aunt.However,choosing music is also an important issue for me.You know God gives us ears to listen good music not the music that will influence us to leave or doubt or betray Him. That`s why we have the responsibility to choose the type of music to listen.


I just found out a very touching gospel music when I was watching a movie.This song is called "The Hymm (Oh What Mercy)" by Tim Be Told.I feel in love with this song at the firs few seconds I listened to this song,meaningful lyrics with smooth and expressive melody make the sing  perfect! Glory to the Father in Heaven for such a nice song! 




"Jesus Christ for us you died 
gave the world Your love though we denied"

No comments: