Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

Kiasu Syndrome!

Agree or not?The Chinese are born to be kiasu.Kiasu in Hokkien means "afraid to be the loser".This phenomenon is just like what we always say "If there`s sunlight and water source there would be Chinese settle down".What I try to say is,wherever there`s Chinese,there`s the existence of kiasu syndrome!

As a Malaysian Chinese,I`m not really sure whether I`m one of the Kiasu people.What I`m sure is,I`m now staying in an environment full of kiasu people =s I really can`t stand with their attitude.They will do anything in order to WIN!I think this is because we were taught about "Don`t be the loser!Winning is everything" since we were at very young age.Don`t they know that "Victory doesn`t mean anything?"

When a person starts to be kiasu,he or she will start to develop some bad attitudes like SELFISH!Some even starts to ignore/sacrifice other important things like friendship in order to win.Yes,I knew that being selfish is human nature.But then kiasu will make the situation worse.

By the way,kiasu syndrome also has its positive side.Kiasu make people to be more eager to compete and leads to drastic improvement.Look at Singapore.The Singaporeans are so kiasuthat they manage to make Singapore into such an advance country. =)

But then..I still hate kiasu people!!! >.<







No comments: