Pages

Sunday, July 4, 2010

WC Quater-Final: Argentina vs. Germany

The German squad.Picture from FIFA official website.


OK the result is Argentina 0-4 Germany.That was an easy game for the Germans.I`m very very disappointed and not happy with the performance of the Argentinian!From performance of the Germans in the previous matches I know that the team is very very strong and they managed to play the game in a systematic way,that`s why they always score 3-4 goals in a single match.The Argentinian was also a strong team with some star players like Lionel Messi and Aguero.Though I didn`t know much about this team but I`m pretty sure that they can perform well under the the coaching of Diego Maradona.*FYI I myself don`t know much about him as well,I only know that he was one of the player during 1986 world cup when Argentina won the WC.*

It really surprised me when the Germany team scored at 3` after the match started.This goal was by Thomas Muller,one of the best player in the team.I can`t believe that and thought that I judged the thing wrongly.But the repeats slow motion video told people how the ball get into the gaol.The useless goal keeper was unable to catch the ball which was suppose to be very easy to catch!I started to realize that the Argentinian team had a terribly weak defense line as well. But I still think that the Argentinians can score.To my disappointment,they lost at least 2 chances(free kick).Messi who is a very important player did not perform well.

The situation is even worse during the second half time!The Germans were playing happily while the Argentinian seem like have to chase after the Germans for NOTHING.Germany had scores 3more during second half.As usual,Klose became the hero,he got 2 goals while Friedrich contributed 1goal for his team.And then Argentina was getting weaker and weaker.They were confirmed to be OUT,for sure.At the last seconds there was a great chance for them to score at least one goal but still,they failed to do so.And the whistle was blown.The joyful Germans left the field,celebrating for the qualification to the next round of the the tournament.

If the Argentinians did try their best I would be sad for their lose but the reality told me they do not deserved for this.Besides the weak defense line and goal keeper,the strikers were also not powerful at all.This is embarrassing since they are one of the strongest teams in the South America.In addition,according to my friend,their training sessions were not systematic.The importance of discipline was not stressed.How can a team like this to defeat a squad like Germany which is famous for their good discipline and systematically organized teams?Hope that Argentina will think more about this.They cannot only depends on those star players and victory that they achieves 24 yrs ago .

No comments: