Pages

Monday, April 20, 2009

After Watching Beauty and The Beast...(Part 1)






L`amour! This is the only word that I can use to describe the Walt Disney feature animation “Beauty and the Beast” which was produced by the Walt Disney Company. Beauty and the Beast (French: La Belle et la Bête) is actually a French fairy tale. However, thanks to the work of the crew of the Walt Disney Company, they managed to produce such a nice story and I really enjoyed the animation film since it is so …romantic.wow.

Well, according to the original version of the tale, Belle was one of the daughters of a merchant. But in the Disney`s version, which Belle was the only daughter of an inventor. As for me, I prefer the Disney`s version as I love the characteristics that was portrayed by Belle in Disney`s version. Perhaps the characteristics played by Belle in Disney`s version is the one that I always hope to be. I was admiring of her beauty, courage, kindness and knowledge. Besides, the good looking prince has made the film have a more “perfect” happy ending. He was the one that I think to be the most handsome among all the Princes from Disney. He was so charming and so cute until I couldn`t stop myself to think of him although he was only one of the character in the animation.

Another thing that I must mention here is the music. I have to admit that music played an important role to make this featured film to be more attractive and watchable. I could tell that, without the music, the film won`t be so nice to be watched~ Thanks to Alan Menken and Howard Ashman`s work, especially Alan Menken. He is a great composer and he is one of my favorite composers. In this animation, it was very obvious that “singing” was the major part because the directors tell the audience about the main characters through singing. In addition, the music in the animation had done a perfect job to create the “effect” or what we say “atmosphere” at different parts. In other words, music controlled the flow of story, from starting and then climax and then to the end. The music has made the film not bored and this made Disney`s animated film was able to attract audience from various age groups. Thus Alan Menken who is the original composer had played a very important role here. I salute You! And also Howard Ashman who was passed away long ago . I salute both of you!

No comments: