Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Remarkable Night

I was looking forward for this night to come since last week because there is a jazz concert on 22/03/2010 (Monday).Well,I`m a music lover and Jazz is one of my favourite genre.Thus,I have the ability to "sense" this sort of event through the poster at the notice board in my university.

I was actually planned to go alone because I thought that I can`t find a jazz lover to go to the concert with me.I even bought my own ticket on last Monday!And my course mate,Erene saw my ticket and started to ask about that concert.And then she told me that she will go with me.Then Shiang Chiet,Jerry,Wong,Ah Hui and Ming Kern also get know about this concert and they join us.Besides there`s also another senior join us but I`m sorry I don`t know his name =) This means there was 8 of us going for that concert ^^ Wow!!This is something which I never think about, that I would end up like got so many friends going to the concert with me!! ok,let me ^^ once again~



Erene and I~while waiting for the taxi

The performing band is "WVC TRiO +1",which means there`s is 3members at the beginning when they formed the band while "+1" means another 1 member join the band later.The pianist is Mr.Tay Cher Siang, Saxophonist Mr.Benjamin Lee Drummer Mr.Adam Osmianki and the bass player is Mr.Vincent Ong.Their music is really nice and I can feel their enthusiasm!You know,it`s very important or I have to say it`s a 'MUST' for the musicians to give their music "life" because listening music is same as reading a book.The only difference is we need to listen the music with our heart then we can only understand what is the story that the composers want to tell us.


Taken during the performance.





The concert lasted for 2 hours and I feel like don`t want to go to an end since their performance is awesome!Some of the music that they played are : "Ju Hua Tai" , "Tong Hua","The Art of a wind up Alarm Clock","Atanding in the Rain of Euclid Ave","Rhumba for a Sad Sad Witch"and other song which I can`t remember the name.My favourite music piece is "Seaside Outside the Window" *if not mistaken* by Mr.Tay Cher Siang.Splendid music!It`s a relaxing music and for me I started to imagine a person having random thoughts as he/she looks at the sea.Well,it`s just my own feeling and my very own opinion for this music.This is the band`s new song which was just finished last month.The saxophonist also impressed me because of his talent!He`s so handsome xD Anyway this doesn`t mean that the drummer and the bass player is not good.For me all of them are great because the performance won`t be perfect without any one of them.I only can say that my emotion is totally controlled by the melody throughout the concert. I swing my body, I paid full attention to the music,clapping.... =)


And yes,I did learn something new today.When I was performed in Italy 3years ago together with my school band,I remembered that the audience were silent when we were playing the music.They would only clap after we finished our song.If they love the music that we played they would just stand up and clap!This made me think that it`s rude to clap when people is playing the music.And I was just keep quiet during the performance is going and clap after they finished their performance.But since Mr.Tay told that in a Jazz concert it`s actually encouraged to clap during the performance as a sign of appreciate the performance,so I should clap anytime as I wish =p

It`s a remarkable and unforgettable night for me since it`s been a long time I didn`t watch a concert.Since we don`t have a car so 8 of us took 2 taxi to the place which is quite far from our university.Thanks to all my beloved course mates who went to the concert with me ^^


Me and Erene with the band.


Me and the saxophonist,Mr.Benjamin Lee



4 of us -me,Wong,Ming Kern,Brandon




The Stage


No comments: