Pages

Monday, May 25, 2009

Sarawak State Level Marching Band Competition 2009

Well,I just came back from Sibu two days ago.I went to Sibu to watch the 2009 Sarawak State Marching Band competition.It was great,I mean all of the participating bands but the venue is no good at all.That was what I can comment for the place for the show.The contest was held at SK SEDC, Sibu and I don`t know why they chose such a place for the show.

Here is the result for the competition:
Champion : SMK St.Joseph,Kuching
1st runner-up: SMK Chung Hua,Miri
2nd runner-up: SMK St.Joseph,Miri

Best Preperation : SMK Chung Hua,Miri
Best Colour Guard : SMK St.Joseph,Kuhing
Best Drum Major : Riam Road Middle School

Congratulation for the success of St.Jo Kuching ,your show was really fantastic and I love it so much.I want to clarify that I`m not mean to be "Fan Guat".I watched all of the shows from an audience`s view, not from a CH Band member`s view and then give the my comments.St.Jo Kuching did a very creative show,which they combined FOOTBALL and music in their formation.They deserve for the champion.CH Band also did their best,however.This batch members are all well trained and I can see the performing standard has improved a lot compared to my batch.What cause the band to get 1st runner up is their general effect is no as good as St.Jo Kuching.No climax throughout the show.Although their overall perfrmance was great but for an audience,there was no surprise.

Lastly I would like to wish St.Jo Kuching can achieve another success in the coming National level Marching Band Competition.And I hope all of the band did learn something new in this competition.


CHMBB Conductor Gali and DM Ah Song



CHMBB - During they play the song Incantation



The CHMBB Percussion Team





The SJSM Percussion,best percussion team in Sawarak



Green Road Kuching in Show.G power?



SJSK Singing Liverpool team song



SJSK Colour Guards



SJSK coonductor

9 comments:

DabianTsin said...

wow~~~!!lols...
sounds so great eh!
was st joe kch's performances a big suprise? u guys posted up to youtube dy?does our children lost confident?

Jasper Yew said...

Lol,
u din support chung hua band!!!
haha...
actually i wonder whether the st jo kuching got so lihai or not,
why always get the 1st place de..

DabianTsin said...

sure got la..
not onli once they get champs ma.
one thg that im proud of is they look so nid in a team.cz all are guys..got another band..asma also veri geng! n they are all gals...

-TA- said...

To Both of you
CH Band will never lost confident,they really done very well this time compared to our 2006 batch.Actually they were great,that morning was very hot,I myself also cannot tahan.haha.If got video sure I will upload here.Will Be available very soon.Look at SJSK Conductor and colour Guard.They dressed in Football team uniforn!

DabianTsin said...

yaloh2...
cool~ haha..
veri suprised tat the conductor wore it...short pants... XD cawai~

CHMBB Dad said...

Until lady is allowed in Parliament with dress above her knees, I will keep to my old fashion view that a brass band conductor in competition or formal performance shall not be in shorts -:).
[Imagine the theme is beach volleyball and the conductor in ???. Would that be creative? -:)]
Brass band is not pop/rock band, and there are some fundamental things that you don’t deviate from, I think -:).
All the same, I harbour goodwill that SJK will do us proud at the National Level.

-TA- said...

To CHMBB Dad
As I mentioned in the post,I watched the shows as an AUDIENCE so you can`t expect much professional view from me!I think that is CREATIVE although their conductor was not dress formally.The role played by the conductor in that show is not only conductor but also the one who tell the audience about their theme!I think you are more creative than SJSK ,volleyball =)If I don`t forget there is a rules stated that the costume that the performers wear must be "SOPAN" .And I think it`s ok if he dress like that!

In addition.Of course I know that BRASS BAND IS NOT POP/ROCK BAND ,but is MARCHING SHOW BAND!Pls notice that word "SHOW"!Show is not only about teamwork,formal...but also CREATIVE!The audience (maybe even the judges) need something that will make them surprise or in chinese we say 耳目一新!

Finally I want to know who r u as I never know CHMBB have "Dad".So shock!Pls tell me your NAME so that I`ll decide wheather is it worth to call u "DAD"!

Jacinta

CHMBB Dad said...

By CHMBB Dad, I mean I am a parent of a member of CHMBB.
Not worth to call me “Dad” lah. I “sakit kepala” just thinking about my 3 kids’ further studies. I don’t want to worry about your further study lah :-) (You can call me “uncle” though.)
My name won’t ring a bell with you lah :-)
My daughter same year as you, but different class.
My elder son, one year younger. If you don’t know about him, you must have been sleeping all the time in CH lah :-) (I exaggerate lah!)
My younger son plays 116678655 in CHMBB.
猜猜看啦 :-)
Last Saturday, we (some parents of CHMBB members) gave CHMBB a treat at Marina Bay Seafood Restaurant (the one with the seahorse statue near CH). It was a most wonderful evening.
If we (parents of CHMBB members) are biased, you can understand lah.
But I think I am always fair, and I think CHMBB is better. So, maybe it’s best you just let me be entitled to my point of view :-)

-TA- said...

To CHMBB Dad
Wow!UNCLE!It`s really a surprise that and CHMBB is lucky enough to have parent like you =)I can feel that how childish you are from what u wrote on 12th June.Maybe it`s rude to say you in that way but I`m sorry I have to say so and maybe ur children are also like you.I will make this point [CHILDISH] as my additional clue to guess who is your children =) I believe that members and seniors who attended the dinner had a wonderful night.They will always appreciate that.BTW,YOU THINK YOU ARE ALWAYS FAIR but I ALSO HAVE MY RIGHT TO THINK I AM FAIR!It`s only the different point of view.I think you can understand this right?As you have more life experience than me!I insist that SJSK did a great show this year and they deserve to what they have.CHMBB also improved a lot and I`M ALWAYS PROUD OF THEM!BUT I HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT,AS YOU ARE IMPROVING OTHERS ALSO IMPROVING!IS JUST THAT WHO CAN DO SOMETHING THAT ATTRACT THE JUDGE IN ORDER TO GET A BETTER MARK!Well,about ur point of view I do not need to comment because that is your view and that is your right to think so.

Finally I have to tell you that I understand your feelings,I also experienced that when I was a band member.But now,as an ex-member I watch the competiton as an outsider but not a CH Band member that`s why I will think that others band is better,just because my starting point of view is not from a member who is loyal to the band!